1.08.2011

Letter Writing Week: A Challenge to You.

Today (January 8, 2011) begins National Letter Writing Week. If you’re anything like me, you love snail mail. My boyfriend and I thrived off of letters while courting each other. As the years have accumulated our letter writing has decreased, so we vowed to reinitiate this wonderful form of communication at least for this week. We will write each other one letter a day for one week.
You should try this too. Maybe you don’t want to write seven letters to one person, but rather seven letters to seven different people. Need ideas? Have any friends you’d like to reconnect with in a more personal way? Try writing them a letter. Got any grandparents? They love letters! Parents, significant others, someone across the world, your neighbor, your postal worker, etc.
I hope that after a week of putting ink to paper, you come to appreciate the delicate art of letter writing. After this week is over, I’ll let you know how it went. Why not let me know how it went for you too. If you’re reading this and it’s not January 8-14, try it anyway. Any day is a good day to write a letter. It’s an easy commitment, just seven days.
My favorite letter writing style is stream of consciousness. Just go with the flow, literally. Enjoy!
 

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Got anything to say? I'd love to hear from you!